BlackStar is a library to provide GUI support for XNA based games or applications.
Feb, 20th, 2009 - Multiline Text, Scrollbars, Clipboards, Mouse Wheel, Keyboard Repeat.
Feb. 14, 2009 - Font Sizing, Check Boxes and Radio Buttons.
Feb. 11, 2009 - Tabbing support has been added.
The basic model is a GUI manager class that inherits the basic XNA Framework Drawable Game Component so that it can easily be integrated with an XNA project. The GUI manager class can then have any number of child components, which in turn can have any number
of child components.
Some key features are:
- Skinning so that you can give your GUI a unique look.
- Pipelined so that you can define all your interface elements in XML documents, so that if you choose you do not need to create your user interface in code.
- Layout docking support allows you to have components stick to one side of a parent component, similar to the docking found in Windows Forms.
- An event system similar to Windows Forms that allows you to react to Keyboard and Mouse Events.
- Event pass through allows input events that are not handled by a component to be passed to the game so that you can apply custom logic to the input.
- There is no requirement to use forms. It is entirely possible to place any component directly on the screen.
- Has not been tested on the XBox 360.
Currently Supported Components
- Text Box (single line only)
- Base Component (used as a Panel)
- Check Box
- Radio Button
- Horizontal and Vertical Scrollbars
- Memo (Multi-line Text Box)
Feel free to read
for an example of usage.
This library will continue to be added to an updated as needed by its parent game project, Contributions are welcome as are suggestions and requests authors time permitting.